Two Lists to Complete Before Leaving to the Hospital
by Dr. Ted Tyberg
1. What to Do to Prepare for Hospitalization
- Arrange child care, car pools and school related matters
- Plan for pet and plant care, grocery shopping, cooking, snow removal, and other household responsibilities.
- Obtain medications, dressings, equipment, or special foods that your doctor recommends.
- Determine who will handle your responsibilities at work. Arrange storage for your car.
- Cancel newspaper delivery.
- Have mail held or picked up by a neighbor.
- Make sure a trusted neighbor or building superintendent has a key to your home or the phone number of a relative or friend in case of a problem.
- Arrange for someone to check on elderly parents.
- Plan for post hospital companionship and care.
- Plan for adapting your home if you will be disabled ( ie a ramp if you are wheelchair bound)
2. Nine Things to Bring With You to The Hospital
- Nightgown or pajamas
- Bathrobe and slippers
- Notebook and pens
- Phone numbers
- Alarm clock or watch
- Remember that valuables may disappear from your hospital room. Do not bring anything valuable or irreplaceable.
Leave a reply →